These project-specific workshops have been developed to provide project teams and with a facilitated and structured process to initiate their projects. Successful projects have common attributes including; clear roles & responsibilities, SMART objectives and a clear scope definition, formal project initiation, clear and agreed Project Management Plan, benefits realisation linked to the Business Case, an approvals process, good risk management, realistic project plans, effective project monitoring & control, an effective Project Board, formal change control & issue management, project closeout, benefits and dis-benefits review, a post project evaluation & lessons learned process.
This workshop is designed for project teams at the earliest stage of developing their project plans. The workshop should be attended by all those with a key role to play in the project.
Workshop content varies depending on the agreed objectives but typically can include:
- Ensuring that roles and responsibilities are agreed and understood.
- Agreeing the scope and objectives of the project.
- Preparing key deliverables.
- The project risk register.
- The risk management plan.
- The high level plan.
- The project organization.
- The change control process.
- The who, what, why, when & how of the project.
- Providing an overview of best practice project management.
- Agreeing project controls.
- Agreeing a staged gate review process where applicable.
- Aiding in the development of a high performance project team.
Tel: +1 713 243 0708