Typically a workshop is designed around the needs of the organization and can be between one and three days duration – often with gaps between workshop days to enable the delegates to make progress in implementing learning between each session.
This workshop introduces the use of Program Management techniques to ensure that groups of projects that share a common objective can be managed effectively. The effective management of program interdependencies, program-level risks and program resourcing are explored and the benefits reviewed.
The course uses best practice Program Management techniques from The Project Management Institute (PMI) and The Association for Project Management and provides an opportunity for Program Managers to consider how to implement Program Management within their organization.
The workshop can also introduce delegates to the use of Portfolio Management to ensure that projects are well-balanced in terms of size, risk and projected value, and that they are aligned to business objectives. The workshop addresses the use of Portfolio Management to view each project initiative in terms of risk and payoff to the business and then prioritize them accordingly. The workshop covers the best practice five steps of portfolio management and draws from PMI and APM best practice, providing a forum for discussing how Portfolio Management techniques can be implemented within the delegate’s organization.
These workshops are aimed at Program Managers, or those responsible for project selection and prioritization, or both. The workshop is aimed at management teams who are seeking to implement or improve their program and/or portfolio management process.
The workshop content is designed around the needs of the organization but typically can include sessions to:
- Understand the benefits of program and portfolio management techniques in a project environment
- Learn how to apply the five step approach to portfolio management to bring tangible business benefits
- Learn how to apply program management tools and techniques to manage projects that share a common benefit
- Challenge the convention approach to project management by also utilizing program and portfolio management techniques
- Identify when and how program and portfolio management techniques should be applied
- Identify corporate governance issues surrounding a portfolio
- Consider the implications of introducing program and/or portfolio management
- Apply program and portfolio management principles to the organization’s projects
Tel: +1 713 243 0708