Risk Management is a distinct area as well as being a key control function within any project or programme. This course will be useful for project and programme managers and project personnel who are involved in risk management at any level. All projects contain risks and the effective management of risk can have a significant impact on the success of projects.
In this Risk Management course, delegates work through the proactive approach to threat and opportunity, based on a clear understanding of the powerful nature of both qualitative and quantitative approaches to risk management.
By applying these tools, attendees will end the course with new practices to apply in their own environment and form new insights on the implications and advantages of applying risk management well.
· Risk as a threat and opportunity
· The risk management process
· Human aspects of risk management including risk attitude and heuristics
· How to initiate project risk management, the planning and project specific assessment scales
· Risk identification, describing risks using structured risk descriptions, identification techniques
· Creating an effective risk register
· Qualitative and quantitative risk techniques
· Assessing risk against probability and impact, proximity, inherent vs current risk exposure
· Risk responses and contingency, secondary risks, post response assessment
· Implementing responses and updating plans
· Manage the process, keeping the process alive and improving risk management