The Chartered Management Institute (CMI)’s Chartered Manager (Mgr) status is all about professional recognition and is the highest status that can be achieved in the management and leadership profession.
Chartered status recognises managers with exceptional management and leadership skills and commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD), demonstrating to employers and peers the value of a professional approach that delivers measurable impact.
For those with at least 3 years’ experience in a management role there is a Fast-Track application for Chartered Manager for those that have successfully undertaken the CMI’s Level 5 Leadership and Management Development Programme. The cost for the Fast Track is currently £125 plus VAT.
2020 use a blended learning model to maximise the effectiveness for the learner in a virtual environment. 2020 support delegates to not only successfully complete their CMI Level 5 Diploma but understand how the theory relates to the reality of leading and managing within DSRL, whilst also gaining a qualification that allows delegates to apply to become a CMI Chartered Manager (CMgr).
On registering for the qualification, all delegates are awarded CMI affiliate membership giving them access to CMI’s Management Direct, a complete online library of comprehensive and up-to-date materials that addresses current management practice. This can help them both in their studies as well as in their management roles. Access includes:
- 220 Management Checklists and 60 Management Thinker profiles
- One-page overviews of key Management Models
- Multimedia resources – 400 Leader Videos and e-learning modules
- CMI research and Professional Manager articles
- Authoritative definitions of management terms
- Over 11,000 articles and 600 e-books to read online when you need them
- Learning Journey playlists for many units giving easy access to resources specifically selected to support studies
- Resources to develop Study Skills, including factsheets on assignment writing, references and citations, learning styles, note taking and avoiding plagiarism.
Delegates are provided with a learning pathway through the materials available within Management Direct.
Each module will be supported by a Virtual Classroom session using Live Online Learning techniques.
Live Online Learning delivers the benefits of classroom training with the convenience of learning in a location of your choice without the normally incurred expenses.
The two main reasons for learning through a Live Online Learning environment are cost efficiency and learning effectiveness, although COVID-19 now makes it a safer alternative to classroom training. There are significant reductions in cost in relation to travel, accommodation and lost time as well as enhanced learning using modern media and instructor led, interactive training. The live online learning sessions are for a maximum of 12 people and would last for 2 hours for each module studied via Management Direct.
In order to achieve the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership, individuals must achieve a minimum of 370 Total Unit Time (TUT). For ‘in house’ programmes our Clients can select from a limited number of mandatory modules and a wide range of optional modules to achieve the 370 TUTs required.
Our programmes are also structured to ensure that delegates achieve an Award, Certificate and then the Diploma as they progress – ensuring that there are different stages of recognition achieved in case a delegate must pause their learning programme.
- Principles of Management and Leadership in an Organisational Context
- Principles of Leadership Practices
- Developing, Managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success
- Principles of Managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success
- Managing Performance
- Forming Successful Teams
- Managing Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Principles of Delivering Coaching and Mentoring
- Principles of Delivering a Skilled and Talented Workforce
- Managing Stakeholder Relationships
- Managing Conflict
- Principles of Recruiting, Selecting and Retaining Talent
- Workforce Planning
- Managing Projects to Achieve Results
- Managing Change
- Creating and Delivering Operational Plans
- Planning, Procuring and Managing Resources
- Principles of Innovation
- Managing Risk
- Managing Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Managing Finance
- Using Data and Information for Decision Making
- Managing the Customer Experience
- Principles of Marketing Products and Services
- Conducting a Management Project
- Using Reflective Practice to Inform Personal and Professional Development
Typically, between 8-10 learning modules will provide enough TUTs to achieve the Diploma. An application can then be made to the CMI via their exemption route to achieve Chartered Manager Status.
For more information please contact us using the 'contact us' tab on our website.