Ask yourself the following questions:
Are you currently working in the engineering construction industry?
Are you in an existing supervisory role or looking to progress to a senior or advanced supervisory post?
Are you looking for a CMI (Chartered Management Institute) Level 5 qualification in leadership and management?
Do you want a programme which allows you to apply your learning to your current work environment rather than purely theory classroom based?
If the answers are YES
, then the ECITB Management and leadership programme
is ideal for you.
Both intensive and challenging, the programme’s aim is to develop existing and potential senior supervisors. 6 modules will be undertaken over a 12 month period, finishing with a Management Project.An overview of the modules:
- Developing leadership skills – this module will cover understanding the importance of effective leadership (and leadership styles) on the individual, team, organisation and industry. It will also enable you to assess and plan for personal professional development and learn how to support and promote staff welfare.
- Delivering safer projects – this will ensure you understand how to apply safety regulations in a more manageable way and recognise the scope of environmental issues relevant to your business.
- Project Lifecycle – this module will help you gain a broader knowledge of the stakeholders and processes involved in delivering a complete project.
- Seeing the big picture – developing a commercial awareness to understand project risk and identify areas of waste and productivity improvement.
- Supervising people for results – this module will look at recognising individual’s strengths and weaknesses, encouraging co-operation and communication between individuals and groups, confirming project and site rules are adhered to and giving appropriate feedback in order to encourage individuals/groups to achieve their targets.
- Leading people – understanding employment law to support decision making and to lead people more effectively by applying the theories in a relevant, contextualised way, developing their soft skills to maximise the resources available on the project. (Leadership matters).
The programme is delivered through a mixture of workshops and assessments. The workshops are designed to introduce you to the main concepts of the module while the assessments require further self-learning to write the assignments.
The management project has to be completed within 3 months of completing the last module. The project will enable you to put skills attained from the modules into practice in your own organisation.