What is Team Development about?
Human resources, and in particular teams, are considered to be the building blocks of any organisation,but in order for Individuals to function as a “team” a clear understanding of goals, roles, procedures and processes is essential. Without this understanding teams will not be as effective as they could be and therefore not reach their full potential. This workshop provides delegates with a detailed understanding of how to identify their own role and that of others within the team. Identify the characteristics of a leader and use this knowledge to effectively deal with goal setting, managing conflict and appreciating the individual contribution to the team made by all members.
Who is it for?
The course is aimed at first-line managers and is designed to provide a guide to best practice for those new to management.
What are the benefits?
This course will help delegates:
• Understand the dynamics of teams and how individual personality types impact on the team.
• Define roles and their contribution to the team.
• Understand the relationship that exists within teams and how to harness these to produce a cohesive
• Develop, set and comprehend organisational, team and individual goals.
• Define leadership and understand its importance in the function of a team.
• Confidently apply self-reflective techniques.
• Effectively manage conflict.
• Understand effective communication and the importance of 360 degree feedback.
If you have a number of people from your organisation interested in a course then we can come to you. The benefits of in-house training is that the course can be contextualised to you. Your job titles, your terminology, your case-studies, your course. Contextualisation means increased understanding and application to your very specific organisational environment.