What is Performance Management about?
Performance management is about “people”, that is, it’s about helping people to do a good job. Managing performance isn’t a skill that necessarily comes naturally to managers; indeed it is a skill which needs to be learned and developed. As with all aspects of management, planning is everything, and performance management is no exception. Managing performance is the process of setting standards and the integration of employee development and results-based assessment. As a manager you need to know how to develop your staff in alignment with organisational goals and when, how and what action to take when performance doesn’t reach the required standards. This workshop provides a comprehensive insight into how performance management encompasses a range of independent, yet interlinked, activities and management techniques with which to handle performance management Issues, helping staff reach their full potential.
Who is it for?
This course is essential for those with a line management role or those tasked with implementing a performance management system.
What are the benefits?
This course will help delegates:
- Improve performance
- Understand why tackling and managing performance is Important
- Set achievable targets with employees
- Identify performance Issues and the consequences of failing to effectively deal with these
- Achieve results through utilising difference management styles with different types of people
- Enable managers to tackle poor performance with confidence
- Gain an appreciation of the legal framework surrounding performance management
If you have a number of people from your organisation interested in a course then we can come to you. The benefits of in-house training is that the course can be contextualised to you. Your job titles, your terminology, your case-studies, your course. Contextualisation means increased understanding and application to your very specific organisational environment.