Certificate of Nuclear Professionalism;
Module 3 – Communications
Call sales and marketing on 0808 168 2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.
What is the Certificate of Nuclear Professionalism?
The certificate is a higher educational programme designed to equip individuals with the necessary skills required for today’s professional working within the nuclear industry. It has been developed by the National Skills Academy for Nuclear and The Open University, with involvement from industry and higher education ensuring that it meets the needs of the nuclear sector.
It has been designed in partnership with nuclear employers and the Open University to ensure that the content and structure of the framework that supports the Certificate is specified by them and delivered by a mix of employer and higher education partners.
The Certificate incorporates 7 training modules delivered through employer accredited training/learning, distance learning and traditional taught lessons. The National Skills Academy Nuclear has clearly identified the employer needs and requirements for higher level skills development in the sector.
What is module 3 – Communications about?
This unit addresses the tools and knowledge required by an individual to communicate effectively in their role and appreciate the importance of stakeholder management in the nuclear sector, in particular in managing complex projects. Effective communications will lead to effective decision making ensuring safety remains the number one priority at all times.
The main outcomes are that an individual will;-
- Understand the key stakeholders in delivery of nuclear work
- Understand the importance of stakeholder management in the nuclear context
- Understand the importance of maintaining an auditable trail (log book, work record, live files) and where this fits in the delivery of a safety case and lifetime records
- Understanding of how important it is to identify the target audience and the appropriate message
- The ability to appraise and evaluate material, using relevant sources to support a communication output
- Recognise the value in delivering simple messages even when presenting complex technical material
- Recognise the value in robust arguments, identifying potential contentious issues and the appropriate responses to address
- Have an awareness of different formats to present data and as a result have the ability to present data in the appropriate format ensuring the recipient can understand the message easily
- Understand the communications methods used in a technical forum ie technical drawings, specifications, systems diagrams
- Have the ability to summarise information to deliver simple, high level messages and conversely the ability to deliver complex reports simply (able to tell a story)
20|20 Business Insight is the only training provider to facilitate this course.
Who is it for?
- All Employer Members of the National Skills Academy for Nuclear.
- New graduate entrants to the nuclear sector both from full and foundation degree level.
- Existing members of the nuclear workforce wanting to develop their career.
- Individuals wishing to enter the nuclear sector.
- All people who want to develop the appropriate behaviours for working in the nuclear industry.
What are the benefits?
The Certificate of Nuclear Professionalism:
- Supports employers to develop a skilled, safe, competent and professional workforce.
- Provides portability of employment as a result of national standards and recognition.
- Ensures employers and employees remain competitive in a changing labour market.
- Will enable individuals to gain new qualifications, rewarding and accrediting the time spent on skills development.
- Supports progression to chartered status and national recognition by the Nuclear Institute.
- Gives an individual the ability to demonstrate the right skills to be a nuclear professional.
- Raises the profile of the UK nuclear industry.
The 20|20 Business Insight open course schedule enables you to choose where and when you take your course. Simply choose from the list below and either book online through this website, or call our business support team (details at the bottom).
If you have a number of people from your organisation interested in a course then we can come to you. The benefits of in-house training is that the course can be contextualised to you. Your job titles, your terminology, your case-studies, your course. Contextualisation means increased understanding and application to your very specific organisational environment.
For more information and course dates please contact sales and marketing on +44 808 168 2020 or email email@example.com