The National Skills Academy for Nuclear is an employer led membership organisation established to ensure that the UK Nuclear Industry and its Supply Chain has the skilled, competent and safe workforce it needs to deal with the current and future UK nuclear programme, including all sub sectors: Defence, Decommissioning, Operations, Uranium Supply, Enrichment & Manufacture, Waste Management & Disposal and New Nuclear Build.
We deliver courses for Modules 3 and 5 of the Certificate of Nuclear Professionalism (CoNP).
ABOUT THE SKILLS ACADEMY
“The lead strategic body that represents the industry to stimulate, coordinate and enable excellence in skills to support the Nuclear Programme”
- To maintain and further develop a broad network of employer membership leading to a sustainable and vibrant business that meets industry needs
- To work with employers to help to demonstrate to the public and target markets the excellence in skills development undertaken so that opportunities are understood
- To continue to identify standards and implement improvement measures to aid in the demonstration of a suitably qualified and experienced workforce
- To support the workforce in gaining the skills required to underpin competence
- To define and enable a coherent approach to skills across the UK
- To work with employers, government and skills partners to clarify and communicate resource requirements so that current demand and supply forecasts and timelines are understood and addressed so that expectations are managed
- To define and enable a coherent approach to resource capacity across the UK
High Quality Training Provider Network
- To maintain and further develop the high quality training provider network to meet the quality and availability requirements of the nuclear programme
- To encourage the uptake of appropriate trainer development programmes to support high quality training delivery