What is the PRINCE2 Foundation course?
The purpose of the foundation level is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
The PRINCE2®(2009) Foundation section is a process-based approach for Project Management, providing easily tailored and scalable project management methodology for the management of all types of projects.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone working in a project environment, especially project managers and project team members. It is especially relevant for government workers and those involved in IT projects.
What are the benefits?
For an individual:
- Learn how to manage projects or to work in a project environment using the most internationally recognized project management method.
- Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to its business case objectives – rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end in itself.
- Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets while facilitating staff mobility and reducing the impact of personnel changes/handovers.
- Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team and Project Board, improving communication and control.
- Mitigate perceived problems and issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout.
- Evaluate the project portfolio to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects.
For an organisation:
- Benefit from a shared and thoroughly understood language and approach to reporting which will save time and effort.
- Increase staff awareness of their roles and responsibilities in the project management life cycle.
- Utilize an invaluable diagnostic tool, facilitating the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting and audits.
- Ensure stakeholders (including sponsors and resource providers) are properly represented in planning and decision making.
- Enable more effective engagement of stakeholders in the process of project approval and management.
The 20|20 Business Insight open course schedule enables you to choose where and when you take your course. Simply choose from the list below and either book online through this website, or call our business support team (details at the bottom).
If you have a number of people from your organisation interested in a course then we can come to you. The benefits of in-house training is that the course can be contextualised to you. Your job titles, your terminology, your case-studies, your course. Contextualisation means increased understanding and application to your very specific organisational environment.
For more information:
For course dates and information, please contact sales and marketing on +44 808 168 2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org