Who can apply for the RPP Designation
RPP is for anyone who has:
1. a minimum of 7 years’ experience of working in project, programme or portfolio management or in a key control function or;
2. achieved the APM Project Professional Qualification (PPQ) or APM Practitioner Qualification (PQ). Holders of these qualifications will undertake a reduced written submission.
This offers applicants the opportunity to achieve RPP based on prior experience or via a structured training and development route recognised through APM’s professional qualifications. RPP is available to anyone, from any professional background or industry sector, with experience of managing others in a project environment.
The RPP Standard application process
Why take a supported route via a training organisation
How is APM Registered Project Professional assessed?
The assessment process by peer assessors comprises two stages:
1. Written submission – applicants are required to provide a written submission including:
- a record of employment history
- an overview of at least two projects, programmes or portfolios to be used as evidence, likely to have been within the last seven years
- answers to five sets of questions relating to the projects, programmes or portfolios. These will cover both practical competence and breadth of knowledge. Holders of PPQ or PQ will answer the practical competence questions only
- a record of 35 hours continuing professional development (CPD) from the previous 12 months
- details of two referees.
2. Interview – an interview lasting up to one hour focusing on validating and exploring the evidence submitted in the written submission.
The Support Package Route
- Grew out of continual requests for help – Often as part of APM Accreditation and requirement to improve the adherence to the APM 5 Dimensions of Professionalism.
- Initially only offered as an “In house” option to large Corporates.
- Now offered in London, Glasgow and Aberdeen as an Open option.
So what are the benefits?
- A very structured approach – with specific milestones.
- Groups of up to 16 sharing the experience.
- Ability to discuss experiences and appropriate submissions with peers.
- Regular contact with 20|20 motivates applicants to “carry on”.
- Fully supported by 20|20 – it is our Gold Standard product.
- Very high success rate – in the last 12 months = 93%.
- RPP represents the pinnacle for the APM, recognising the highest standard of Project Management.
- You can do this yourself successfully … but…
- Significant benefits in following it through with a structured support package.
Click here for our APM RPP support package dates, cost and locations