This introductory one day workshop teaches anyone within a project team how they can participate in effective project risk management.
Delegates are introduced to risk terminology, the risk management process, associated human factors and develop their understanding of the tools and techniques commonly used in good practice by participating in a series of group exercises, based around an interesting engineering construction scenario.
The Workshop has been produced in response to industry identifying a requirement for specialised short training courses targeting specific functions within the project lifecycle. Of these, risk management was identified as the subject area with the highest priority. The content has been developed by subject specialists from a specification created by a representative industry working group.
The course is structured as follows:
• Introduction to the workshop
• Why projects fail or succeed
• Introduction to risk
• The risk management plan
• Risk Identification
• Risk Identification exercise
• Risk assessment (inc. human factors)
• Risk assessment exercise
• Prioritisation of risks
• Planning risk responses
• Planning risk responses exercise
• Implementation (inc.risk ownership)
• Lessons captured (from post project review)
• Summary and personal development
The objective of this course is to enable delegates to:
• Appreciate the importance of the need for risk management to ensure project success
• Recognise risk management is all about making conscious decisions
• Gain a common understanding of the risk management process
• Converse in common language across the project team
• Recognise their specific role in the team and the part they play is an integral part of the entire plan
• Understand the practical implementation of the risk management plan
The course is delivered as a one day tutor-led workshop, starting at 0900 and finishing at 1700. It is participative in nature, utilizing presentation sessions to support group discussions and exercises. A small amount of delegate pre-course reading is recommended in order to gain the maximum benefit from the day.
This course is delivered as part of our global course programme. Alternatively, this course can also be scheduled as an in-house course and customised to your organisations requirements.