This course would suit those who are required to not only lead a team but to manage team performance and addressing issues of team and individual development to reach agreed work objectives.
The First Line Manager units are ideal for anyone looking to boost their career with a qualification from the CMI, enhance their leadership skills and certify their knowledge and skills with a nationally-recognised Diploma.
By undertaking the complete programme learners will develop the core skills and knowledge required to become successful First Line Managers. Securing the ability to motivate, Inspire and effectively communicate with their staff to achieve individual, team and organisational goals.
• Describe the underlying principles of leadership
• Understand how to develop and use a personal development plan
• Know how to plan and manage work
• Identify the links between individuals, teams and organisational objectives
• Be able to take action to achieve performance issue
• Globally recognised qualification
• Best practice in first line management requirements
• Skills to develop your team
• Student membership of CMI
• CMI pathways book
• Email and telephone tutor support
This unit develops skills, knowledge and theoretical background for progression to Level 4 Qualifications in Management & Leadership.
Although there are no pre-requisite requirements for this programme, learners who have no formal qualifications may wish to start by studying for an Award or a Certificate.
This course is modularised and is delivered as part of our Open Course Programme, but can also be held as an in-house event. Alternatively, this course can be customised to suit your organisation’s requirements. The Level 3 Diploma is delivered over a period of 9 months.