You have come through to a slightly old page!
To get up-to-date information, please click on one of the banners below to go through to the new page on our website.
This programme is designed for those new to project controls, or those who wish to undertake a formal project control qualification to evidence their full understanding of all aspects of project control.
This programme which is delivered in an exclusive partnership with The Engineering & Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB) and leads to a City & Guilds Certificate in Project Control, is a comprehensive programme covering all aspects of project control. The programme is delivered using a blended approach which includes distance learning via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), a series of workshops and on-line tutor support. The programme consists of 8 modules spread over a 9 month period.
The syllabus includes all elements of Project Control including:
• Defining a project and project control terminology
• Organisational structures
• Pre-sanction and post-sanction processes and staged gates
• Project management organisation
• The business case
• Project lifecycles & change control
• Risk analysis & management
• Project control procedures
• Document control & communication
• Project procurement & sub contractor management
• Budget & cost management
• Planning & Scheduling
• Cost control & monitoring
• Work breakdown structures
• Expenditure, disbursements, commitments, payments, certification, measurements & approvals
• Project control reporting
• Project accounting & cost control
• Schedule development
• Resource management
• Job site management & communication
• Monitoring progress
• Contractual relationships
• Relationship management
• Commissioning, acceptance, handover care, custody & control
• Maintenance periods& warranties
• Project presentation
Successful candidates will be awarded the City & Guilds Certificate in Project Controls.
This course is delivered as part of our global open course programme. Alternatively, this course can also be scheduled as an in-house course and customised to your organisations requirements.